H.261 / H.263 VIDEO CODEC LIBRARY
The H.261 and H.263 video encoder/decoder (CODEC) is available as a set of library functions for the Nexperia PNX processor with drivers for all Alacron FastSeries Nexperia (Trimedia) products.
- Software library written in C, optimized for the Trimedia platform
- Real-time video compression and decompression in software
- Ideal for a wide range of digital video applications including
- desktop video
- remote inspection
- Reliable and robust encoding and decoding
- Takes full advantage of Trimedia Custom Opcodes and architecture
Each instance of an Encoder or Decoder has an associated data structure that holds all of the configuration and status information for the instance. Input to the Encoder and output from the Decoder takes the form of Y, Cr, Cb 4:2:0 data buffers (utility functions are supplied to convert this to/from RGB data). The output of the Encoder / input to the Decoder is a buffer containing coded H.261 or H.263 data.
Typical usage is as follows:
The calling application declares Encoder and/or Decoder structures
The calling application calls two API functions to configure and initialize each Encoder/Decoder structure
The calling application calls CodecGo to process one frame. The CODEC encodes or decodes the frame and returns status information.